- The registration of a Ph.D. scholar may be cancelled by the Director, R&D, if the candidate fails to satisfy the conditions stipulated in the admission order or violates the rules and regulations of Ph.D. after giving notice to the concerned candidate.
The Director, R&D may cancel the registration of a Ph.D. scholar on the recommendation of the supervisor and/or DRC under the following
circumstances after giving notice to the candidate:
- Where the progress has been reported to be unsatisfactory for two years in consecutive half yearly RRMs.
- If the Research Scholar does not pay tuition fee for two consecutive academic years, his/her Ph.D. admission is liable to be cancelled.
- Where a Scholar discontinues research, and/or where they have accepted any of appointment other than specified earlier, without the written consent from JNTUH.
- If any research scholar desires for cancellation of admission due to their personal reasons, then the scholar has to pay the tuition fee as prescribed for minimum duration of the programme.
- The Directorate of Research & Development will maintain Receipt books, cash book, details of financial transactions etc. The original certificates and admission folio of the scholar shall be maintained by the Office of the Research & Development, till the completion of the research programme of the respective candidates.
- A Student Admission Number, which will also be the Hall Ticket number / registered number will be assigned to the scholar. An Identity Card for the exclusive use of academic facilities of JNTUH, will be given to each candidate signed by Director, Research & Development.
- During the research period time of JNTUH, the scholar shall not register for any other course, at any other University or Institution, leading to the award of a degree. In case of any such ambiguity, he/she will forfeit the admission at JNTUH.
- In any letter being submitted to the Director, R&D by the candidate the signatures of Research Supervisor and/or co-supervisor are necessary and mandatory.
- Faculty members involved in active research may be considered for supervisorship. The decision of Hon’ble Vice Chancellor in allotting . Research supervisors to a particular research scholar is final.
- If a situation arises where there is a conflict between Research Scholar and Supervisor Co-Supervisor, the decision of University regarding Change of Supervisor / Co-Supervisor is final.
- The scholars are required to actively involved in doing original research resulting in possible IPR and patents.
- The academic regulations should be read as a whole for purposes of any interpretation.
- In case of any doubt or ambiguity in the interpretation of the above rules, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor is final.
- The University reserves the right to alter the regulations from time to time as and when necessary.
- Research Scholars shall show due respect to the officers and teachers of the Institute and other employees of the institute. Proper courtesy and consideration should be extended to all employees of the Institute. They shall also pay due attention and courtesy to visitors.
- Research Scholars are required to develop a friendly camaraderie with fellow scholars. In particular, they are expected to show kindness and consideration to the new scholar’s admitted to the Institute every year. Ragging of newcomers in any form is banned by law: acts of ragging will be considered gross indiscipline and will be severely dealt with.
The following acts of omission and/or commission shall constitute gross violation of the code of conduct and are liable to invoke disciplinary
- Lack of courtesy and decorum; indecent behaviour anywhere within or outside the campus
- Wilful damage or stealthy removal of any property / belongings of the Institute or of fellow scholars
- Possession, consumption or distribution of alcoholic drinks or any kind of hallucinogenic drug
- Adoption of unfair means in the examinations
- Mutilation or unauthorized possession of library books
- Noisy and unseemly behaviour, disturbing studies of fellow scholars Commensurate with the gravity of the offense, the 32 Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad punishment may be reprimand, fine, suspension of fellowship, debarment from an examination or RRMs, rustication for a specified period or even outright expulsion from the Institute.
- The Head of the Department, BoS, the Head of the Unit (Principal/Director) respectively, shall have the authority to reprimand or impose fine or take any other suitable measures for maintaining the discipline.
- No scholar can receive scholarship/fellowship from more than one source, either Government or Private.
- The fee particulars and mode of payment and other related details may be obtained from the office of Research and Development of JNTUH. Fee payment for Full-Time as well as External Candidates is year-wise may be paid before 31st July of every year in DRD. Payment can be made through Online mode (Please refer to JNTUH website for further details).
- In the event of cancellation of Ph.D. registration by the candidate on his/her requestor by the University for any reason, all the fee amount due must be cleared by the candidate for the return of original certificates. If any reason a candidate takes his/her Original Certificates temporarily from the R&D office during the course of research work, the original certificates must be returned within the stipulated time as decided by Director, R&D, otherwise their admission is liable to be cancelled. The requisition for Original Certificates on temporary basis must be given on a Rs. 10/- bond paper mentioning the date before which the certificates will be returned back to the office. The details are available in the University website. 33 Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
- There is no provision for issuing Transfer Certificate on completion of Ph.D. degree, however Migration certificate can be obtained from Examination Branch of the University.